HUNTING IS PART OF IOWA’S CULTURE
- 253,000 people hunt in Iowa each year.
- 4.2 million days are spent hunting in Iowa.
HUNTING SUPPORTS IOWA’S ECONOMY
- Hunters support nearly 7,000 jobs in Iowa.
- Hunting generates $227.9 million in salaries and wages.
- Yearly spending by hunters in Iowa is $449 million.
- The average Iowa hunter spends $1,600 on trip- related expenses and gear.
HUNTING IS A KEY SOURCE OF TAX REVENUE
- Hunters generate $47.8 million in taxes for the state if Iowa.
- Hunters annually generate $52 million in federal taxes.
IOWA HUNTING: THE BOTTOM LINE
- The total ripple effect from hunting in Iowa is $674 MILLION.
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)
- America’s Hunting Heritage: Fueling the American Economy (The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation)
- Hunting in America: An Economic Force for Conservation (Southwick Associates. Produced for the National Shooting Sports Foundation in partnership with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies)